Sunday, January 11, 2009

Near the internet!

Finally getting the chance after a month to get to the damn internet. Friggin outback Australia and their lack of good technology that i have taken for granted for so long.

Let me try and detail what ive accomplished over the past month:

easily managing 100 push ups a day - two sets of 50 and i only sweat about 40 liters by the time im done instead of 100. although the temperature for today is supposed to reach 42 C which is something like 110...

Anne, who is currently in australia as well and will be travelling with me throughout the rest of the country for the next 3 or so weeks swears to me that she has a list all ready to go...so that would mean 2/5, if shes actually got one.

Hopefully this time next week i will have completed my trip to Uluru and seen the sunrise as well as made it to the northern coast of australia in Darwin...of course that relies on things going properly which as i am me, they rarely do.

The Eragon series, which i was lead to believe was a trilogy, turns out to be a quadrilogy. the fact that im still not sure thats even a word is irrelevant. I finished all three books in about a week, they were effin fantastic and i highly recommend them to everyone. Except the fourth and (final) book wont come out for a year or two probably and the wait is intense. no me gusta.

Koyoko has written down my name for me in Japanese, though i found out that apparently that means that there are three different ways to write something in Japanese:Hiragana, Katakana, and Kanji...ill try and get more details on what the hell that means when i have alittle more time. long story short, Japanese looks pretty funny.
Also, i have two Korean roomates and i can see if they can help me out on that front.

I can now locate the southern cross rather easily, but that does me little good as you can only see it from the southern hemisphere where i rarely spend much time.

I have been doin a good job at not biting my nails, though when i am trying to test myself on all of the world capitals (im at a 95% rate right now) i find myself biting away. It has not however thrown me into a soda buying depression so im still doin pretty well onthat front.

I was doing pretty well at learning how to properly use my camera...until a few days ago when the lens stopped retracting and no matter what i do cannot fix it. I should have added 'and learn how to properly fix it too' to the list.

SHould have made it read 100 books, becuase since i started the list, ive already 14 books. a list will follow once i have more time on my hands.


Thats all ive gotten done as far as the list goes. I have however been learning to juggle for the simple fact that when picking apricots everyday for a month, i find myself bored and holding things that can be juggled.
This blog wont be a proper one until im back in the states and have stable (free) internet at my disposal. I really wish i could be more descriptive on all of the things i am doing but its tough when i have to get to the library during working hours to be able to type these out. sorry erik that i cant update it more properly as you have so wisely tutored me on the processes involved, but im stuck for a bit.

to fill everyone in on what ive been doing for the past month. everymorning at 5:30 i wake up, pick apricots or peaches, then cut them ( a very sticky ordeal), then drive back to the hostel on the other side of the road which is awesome, then read a book in a day, then sleep early and start again.
new years was awesome as i celebrated it 15 and ahalf hours earlier than everyone else. I also figured out the exact time difference finally. although dont remember much of new years eve besides droppiung myphone in the toilet.

Time to go since the nice tiny old librarian lady is telling me someone else has reserved this computer. I;ll do my best to update again soon since i hopefully will be able to knock off a few more off of my list within a month. sorry if i dont.

thanks to christie also for helping me with the Ukranian for my name.

keep it real, goodonya as it were.

3 comments:

Christie said...

Hey you!

I made a list - that's 3/5, right?

Hope you're doing well!

- Christie

Erik said...

Its okay Collins, I still love you. Im glad you are still having a good time and when you get back (when are you getting back?) I`ll teach you how to do it all.... IT`s all good.

Miss you bro! No homo!

- Erik

Anonymous said...

damn dude. You're getting shit done out there. Have fun buddy. I look forward to your next update.