Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Day 4:

Haven't made any complete progress yet as I just got back up to the work hostel (http://www.nomadsworld.com/productdetail.asp?backpack=murray+hostel) and have been busy gettin things together.
Anything I complete however, I am still unable to cross off the list as I am ignorant of how to do so on this blog thus rendering #59 incomplete.
I had to put the 24 hour fast on hold, but will have successfully completed my first task if I don't eat or drink anything but water for another 3 and half hours. I'm hungry and there is a delicious mince pie mocking me from the bakery next door.

I have begun an attempt to learn to properly cook things (#3) this week as I have written a fantastic recipe for a type of curry dish and know how to cook it (1/10). With this, it should be noted that I have developed a taste for spicy foods...anyone who has ever seen me attempt to eat spicy foods in the past might know why this sounds comical as my face usually turns bright red, I sweat a lot (more than usual), and winge for an hour.

At the hostel I can now be seen attempting to twirl a frisbee on my finger (#6) and am already half way done with the first book of the Eragon series (#63). I also have my pocket atlas out and have been practicing my capitals (#18) and writing my name in chinese as provided to me by Chip Sinton; incidentally, my name in Chinese characters can be translated, very accurately, to mean "Person who is like a kind act" (Sean) "The Axe Handle in the Forest"(Collins)...A friendly lumberjack.
#74 is going alright, i did 60 push-ups yesterday but was also on a bus for three and a half hours. i'm already 25 down today and its only 2pm. Then again, I am notoriously lazy which might make #66 and #67 difficult.

So far there is no work at the hostel, which would be unfortunate being as im here to make money. hopefully something will pop up but Australia is in the middle of one of the worst droughts in the past couple of decades. By the by, anyone feeling sorry for me and wishing to donate some cash to me would be described as angelic. Add it to your own list if you want. Im off to figure out once and for all what exactly the time difference is between South Australia and New York. All of my best guesses place it somewhere between 13.5 and 15 hours behind because whenever i talk to anyone back home they seem to have different answers.

No comments: